Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Featured Seller - Isabellaflora Greeting Cards



Today's featured seller, Isabellaflora, is a collaborative effort between a father and daughter. He handles the photography and she the watercolor painting. They are (obviously) inspired by botanicals and produce many beautiful handmade cards for their etsy shop. I recently sent a few questions to Eve and found some favorites from her shop. Please be sure to go check out the remaining items!

What inspires you?

My inspiration comes from flowers, leaves, trees and all things botanical. Both my Father and I love the beauty and textures that our green world presents to us.

Water Dance Card $4.00



How did you get started paper crafting?

Actually, my girlfriend suggested I start painting about 3 years ago. I immediately knew it would be water colors, as I am so drawn to that medium. My father started with photography in 1928, so he has had a lifetime with his hobby. I decided that greeting cards would be a fantastic way to share our art with everyone.

Purple Passion Card $4.00



What are your favorite colors and materials?

Favorite colors...that's a tough one...perhaps blues, green and purples. Favorite materials...the gorgeous way those watercolor paints just ooze and mingle and then create a life of their own.

Sunflower Card $4.00



What prompted you to open an etsy shop?

My girlfriend showed me the Etsy site and I decided to take the plunge. It's such a big venue with exposure around the world.

Rose of Sharon Card $4.00



Do you have any advice for your fellow etsians?

Advice for others: Join esty teams that unite like-minded crafters and artists. I have learned so much from esty greetings team. Advice for newbies: Give etsy a try. What is there to lose?

Columbine Card $4.00

No comments:

Post a Comment