Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Featured Seller - Just Because Art and Greeting Cards



This week's featured seller from etsy is Jaleh from "Just Because Art and Greeting Cards." This Seattle artist's love of poetry allows her to share her experiences through drawings, cards, and paintings. She also has her own small alterations and dress-making shop, and does graphic design work during her off hours. Whew! I don't know how she finds the time for it all. A brief interview with the artist follows, as well as some of my faves from her shop. Be sure to visit etsy and "heart" her for future shopping trips!

What inspires you?

I find inspiration in colors, especially in the natural world. And in things around me, such as photos, paper, love, friends, words, or a story I hear. I also love computer graphic design.

What do you like most about running your own business?

I am blessed and honored to do what I love in my free time after work!

What is your least favorite part of the creative process?

Sketching and thinking about the color and words for what I have in my mind.

What prompted you to open an etsy shop?

All of my friends and family love my art .

What is the best piece of advice you have received from another etsy seller?

Display and impart the great value of your truly specialized, handmade products to potential buyers. I believe that valuing your product enhances your reputation.





No comments:

Post a Comment