Saturday, February 13, 2010

Yummy Vegan Food

I tried a new recipe the other night that I would like to share with you. The pic is a little steamy. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to take the shot before I plated the food. Sorry. I think you can still get an idea of how yummy this looks though. I think this is a dish that non-vegans would enjoy as much as we vegans do. It's from the latest issue of Vegetarian Times (February).



Stir-Fried Shitake Mushrooms with Tofu and Bok Choy
Serves 4

1 t cornstarch
2 T low-sodium soy sauce
2 t minced fresh ginger
2 t Thai chile sauce, such as sriracha
2 cloves garlic, minced (2 t)
1 t sesame oil
3 T canola oil, divided
1 14-oz. Package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized cubes
1 lb. bok choy, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups sliced fresh shitake mushrooms (I used a wild mushroom mix.)

1. Whisk together cornstarch and 1 t water in bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, ginger, chile sauce, garlic, and sesame oil.
2. Heat 1 T canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry tofu 7 minutes, or until golden brown; transfer to plate. Add 1 T oil to pan. Stir-fry bok choy 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
3. Add remaining 1 T oil to pan. Stir-fry mushrooms 2 minutes, or until tender. Return tofu and bok choy to pan. Stir in soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute, or until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment