Friday, April 17, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Guide-Part Four (Finale)

Well, this is it. This is the final installment of my mother's day gift guide. I learned a lot about how I use etsy from this experience. I realized that I typically browse the front page and treasuries, but don't just do a lot of random searching. For the guide I wanted to be sure to have a wide variety of sellers, not just those that have been featured. I spent a lot of time using Time Machine and doing a lot of keyword searches. I've seen a ton of great handmade stuff that I wouldn't see otherwise. Now I'm even more impressed with the quality and variety on etsy. Wow!

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback as a result of the gift guide, so I'm going to be sure to feature others in the future. If you have any suggestions for themes or handmade sellers, please let me know! If you're just joining us now, please check out the three previous installments of the gift guide.

Mother's Day Gift Guide-Part Four



The perfect gift for the mom who loves vintage AND books! This bookmark from Gemma Beads is created from antique typewriter keys set in lace edged settings. Tuck this into a classic novel and you'll be giving a gift I would love to get!



I love vintage inspired aprons. This one from Bambino Amore has the charm of June Cleaver with the edginess of the modern mother. This apron is 100% handmade (she didn't even use a pattern). There are other patterns available in this shop, as well as some super-cute half aprons.



This necklace is a bit pricier than the other items I've selected for the guide. However, it is so beautiful that I felt it worth it for a special treat for mom. It is handcrafted by Natasha Grasso from fine silver rather than sterling. It doesn't tarnish as sterling does and is much brighter.



I have a thing for felt...and for gray...and for notebooks or journals, so of course I would love this handmade notepad from concepcioun. It measures 3.5"x5" and is fade and wear resistant.



How cool is this? This wall pocket from Manta Wave is on sale! The pocket is waterproof, making it a perfect vase for all of the fresh flowers you're going to give your mother for her special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment