Monday, June 15, 2009

Projects

I have a lot of ongoing projects that I have been meaning to share with you. I don't have any updated pics of the house projects, but we are still in the middle of a playroom renovation (turning our old breakfast nook into LB's space), refinishing the stairs and putting up the reed fencing. I finished the herb garden, with the exception of the mulching. Once that is complete I will post pics of it. The perennial garden is looking awesome, if I do say so myself. The Bee Balm, Jacob's Ladder and Baby's Breath are all in bloom. I also have a new addition to the shade garden. I found an old ladder back chair with a cane seat that is coming apart on the curb in my neighborhood. I brought it home and put it in the fern garden. It has an old kettle with English Ivy growing out of it on the seat. I know this sounds ratty, but it really does look nice. I guess I'm going to have to take pictures to prove it. Anyway, that's what's going on with the house and yard.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I have many other crafty-type projects going on as well. I still haven't hemmed the dress I made for LB. She might grow out of it before I get around to this! There is also a patchwork skirt and coordinating halter top in the works for her. And then I bought some gorgeous fabric the other day to make yet another skirt for her. I wasn't planning to make another one, but I couldn't pass up this tree fabric that I found at Joann's. I haven't yet landed on a pattern, but I found several free ones online that are interesting and appear to be fairly straightforward. I randomly bought some additional fabric at the Nearly New Shop in the Highlands. Nearly New is a nicer thrift store that only accepts well cared for clothing and items for the home. I found some vintage dresses that I would have loved to purchase, a bed frame that was adorable, two modern armchairs and some wooden serving plates. Alas, as I am being financially responsible, I didn't buy any of them. I walked out of there with a 50 cent piece of fabric. It's roughly half of a yard and super cool. I don't yet know what I'll do with it, but isn't that the way it goes? I'm leaning toward a small purse with a cane handle, at the moment. So those are potential projects just barely in the works. I have actually been working on some things. I finished the bag for my mom, but I forgot to photograph it before giving it to her. It was made from the paisley fabric I posted a few days ago. She left for the beach this morning and I made the bag large enough to be a beach bag and stuffed a huge bright pink beach towel down in it. I'm still not done with the orange project, but I have started another one. I taught myself to make granny squares using a tutorial from Crochet Cabana. I'm planning to make an afghan from these yarns and, perhaps, a third. This is obviously my first one, so I'll let you know how tortuous the process is.

Then I've also been working on my cards for my shop. What I intended to be a paper goods shop has quickly turned into a card shop. I need to make some albums and embellishments. Anyway, here's a sneak peak at a couple of the new items. I'll be listing them this week. If you decide to buy one or both of them, I'll take 10% off of the price (before shipping). Just put "sneak peak" in the message to seller when you make the purchase.

Signing off...check back later this week for a new gift guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment