Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Camping We Will Go

Today we returned from a wonderful camping trip in Davis, WV at Blackwater Falls State Park. And, as usual, I have post-camping depression. I'm always sad when we have to leave and return home. While gone, Tim joked that we should just stay and live in the woods and for a split second I thought it sounded like an excellent idea. I want to share some images and some links with you. If you ever have to chance to visit this part of WV, definitely do so. It's absolutely breathtaking.




This is Tim and Brennan goofing off at the Falls overlook in Blackwater Falls State Park.




LB playing at the camp site. When asked what she liked best about camping, she responded, "Putting rocks and mud in my bucket."



Tim setting up the tent.




If you look very, very closely, you can just barely make out a bear.




Two fawns and a doe.




Tim had a bit of a mountain biking accident and his gash started bleeding again while we were at dinner.




LB eating at Hellbender Burritos in Davis, WV.




Tim and I on our 11th wedding anniversary.




A wonderfully cheesy tourist trap near Seneca Rock, WV called Smoke Hole Caverns.




A ribbon stalactite inside the cavern.




Flow inside of the cavern.

I may not be able to resist adding more images once I get those that are on Tim's camera. Check back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment